Friday, June 29, 2007

my sister

wrote this and i thought it was pretty cool so yea maybe you can read it


my mom has this vase
of flowers
on our dining room table.
so today we all sit down
to dig into some
delicious and healthy mcdonalds
so hannah says
"mom, y are ur flowers dying
i just watered them today?"
so my mom says
"hannah, water won't keep
those flowers alove
they were taken away from the soil were
they were rooted
into, and given to me
they will stay pretty for a while,
but then they die."
when she said
that
it was just basically a slap
in my face.
god has been really speaking
to my heart these past few weeks
about keeping my heart rooted into
him, so that i can "grow" through him.
it was like, there
are so many things in this life
that you may think can sustain you.
that guy or that job or those
friends or something.
you may want to give yourself to them
because they think that you are beautiful.
but once you are uprooted from God...
you begin to die... and when
flowers die, they lose their beauty,
and are thrown away...
god was bascially telling me
to keep myself rooted into him
that way and can grow and flourish
and have the beauty
that he created me to have.
after this revelation
i proceeded to eat
my fries
because they were getting
cold.- by becca schafer

posted by jessica

No comments: